Monday, October 30, 2006

owww!

Feeling very tired. Friday night was the last home football game, meaning that it was the last football concessions we had to run. Then Saturday was the craft show, and we run that and the concessions - that was 10 hours. Then Diane brought home Frickers and Long Island Iced Teas - way too many Long Island Iced Teas.

I'm still sore from moving everything from our stand to the cafeteria and back. Plus, when we were moving one of the Pepsi coolers (basically a big, glass door refridgerator) it caught my hand against the brick wall. Dented my wedding ring pretty good - which is really lucky - as it would have probably crushed my hand otherwise. As it is, my ring finger is still really sore. I kind of wish I would bruise - as much as it hurts you think that there should be some physical sign. And I burnt my fingers Friday night moving a metal pan - yes they get hot when they are sitting on the top shelf of the grill keeping burgers and dogs warm - yes I'm an idiot :-).

And last night we went to the Funny Bone to see Ralphie May. We should have drank more - it would have been funnier. Diane didn't like it much at all. I laughed a bit, but he wasn't nearly as good as Josh Blue who we saw three weeks ago.

I'm just having a hard time getting motivated this morning - and even getting fully awake. (Like this is anything new?) I am glad that marching band season is almost over - Saturday is Mid-States - the final championship competition. We are hoping to tailgate to it and cook lunch for the kids, though we aren't yet sure if that is allowed or not.

Then Sunday I'm taking the boys up to Toledo (picking Jon up in Bowling Green on the way) to see Trans-Siberian Orchestra. We have 5th row (row E) seats on the floor, near the center, so it should be good. Then a weekend with nothing planned so far, before heading up to Chicago again for the next keys, then Thanksgiving.

*sigh*

I feel like I could use a week of sleep.

No comments: