Thursday, October 12, 2006

Wow!

It was quite unexpected last night. A cold front moved in during the afternoon, and right about five it started to just dump down rain. And Diane had not gotten the newsletters printed yet, so we decided to just weigh in at Weight Watchers and not stay for the meeting. Matt needed a ride to Meijers to shop for his camping trip, because with the rain he didn't need to be walking there.

So, like I've been doing, I went to work out after work instead of at lunch. No big deal. Average work out. But I figured I'd weigh myself before heading in. No shoes, no cell phone, no PDA or iPod. But the scale had to be off I figured. I know I was good last week - I had 5 weekly allowance points left over even - the first time ever, and I wasn't eating all my activity points either. But I felt, I don't know, bloated. I still do a bit. Not as bad as I've been, but I feel fatter. So the scale is off a bit, big deal.

Go to the weigh in. Damn, the scale isn't off by more than half a pound - and that because they use precise electronic scales there, instead of the slide ones we have a the Body Shop (that is the name of the workout facility at work) - you know, the same ones a lot of doctors use. 4.8 pounds. I'm in shock. I've now lost 20.4 pounds in 7 weeks. Of course, we weren't able to stay so I couldn't get my gold star. But I'll get that next week, though we won't be going to our regular meeting, because of the trip to Utah

So why don't I feel skinnier - I should notice 20 friggin' pounds!!! 25 is my 10% goal, and at 28.8 I end up losing more daily points (that would put me at 224 - which drops from 28 points per day to 26 per day - heck when I get to my ideal weight it will be 22 points per day - I'll frigging starve :-) ). So my current weight is 232.4, I'm losing weight, but still feeling fat. Go figure.

No comments: