Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Flabby, fat and lazy - and stupid too

So I'm beating myself up a bit. See, I work out at lunch at the Body Shop - a workout facility here at work. Very convienent. Not only that, but I made a deal with myself this weekend. I would reward myself by buying videos to watch on my iPod for every 10 lbs I lost - but I could only watch them when working out. I have heard so much about the new Battlestar Galactica, and I wanted to catch up on it. So I bought the mini-series and first season - my reward for losing 20 lbs so far. Started watching it Friday and yesterday.

Then yesterday afternoon, they send out an email - the Body Shop is closed indefinitely. It appears a pipe broke. I'm pissed, both because I want to keep watching these, and because I've been eating nearly all my activity points - and going without them will be even harder.

So I'm pissed this morning. For a moment I think about bringing in some clean workout clothes (I sweat enough that I need clean ones every day) and leaving them under my desk until it opens again, then decide frack it.

So what happens - they actually get it in gear, fix the pipe, and re-open at like 10:00 am this morning. And I don't have my clothes to work out. And tonight is the monthly Pizza Hut scout fundraiser (10% of our bill goes to Matt's scout account, so we get pizza on the third Tuesday of each month).

Stupid, I know. But I have to have something to complain about, or else people might think I'm actually happy or something.

I also had my annual de-motivational beating today (i.e. performance review). I hate these, though this was not as bad as most. I actually did pretty well, and got the biggest raise since 2000, which is good. Of course, nobody knows what the bonus will be like yet - that comes next week. We actually will get the bonus before we find out how much it is (kind of weird, but I don't run things). Plus right after that, if things go as the company plans, then I get my restricted stock bought out as well - so a decent little bit of cash. And all a month earlier than normal. Not quite as good as when I got the 5 figure bonus, but not too bad. The key is to put some away (yeah, right).

I have a real hard time saving any money - no matter how much I manage to put away, something always seems to come up. I want to try and not touch the money I put in savings ($100 a check) and my booster checks from now on to pay for Origins and GenCon next year, kind of a plan ahead type of thing (what a concept, I know!). Plus some of this bonus money.

No comments: