Thursday, October 26, 2006

Weighing in

Weigh in yesterday. This just doesn't make any sense. Last week I was dead even, and I stuck to my points all week. True, I weighed in a day early because of the trip, and couldn't work out that day (or the rest of the week), but all that to stay even.

Of course, it pissed me off, so I blew the diet. Big time. I was 52 points over my allowance, and that without recording ANY On Thursday (and had a breakfast buffet that day, chinese (the worst I've had in a long time), and then seafood pasta & appetizers for dinner - oh, and a bag of Carmel Bugles - oh those are good) - so probably closer to 80 or more points over. And I didn't record the In-n-Out double double and fries on Friday either.

Now I knew that once we got back I had to go back on. Saturday wasn't so good, because I blew it early (eating 'breakfast' items just blows points so quick) at the Atlanta airport. But the Sunday through yesterday I was good (ok, Tuesday night I went a few points over, like it would make a difference on a bad week). I did get back to exercising since Monday. So I go to weigh in. Down friggin 2.2 lbs. Diane is pissed, she gained 1.1, which I should have.

So, I'm at 230.2 - a total of 22.6 lost since we started. Good chance, if I work hard at it, that I could hit my 10% next week, which is what I would like.

What I need to figure out is why, even when I know I've had enough to eat, and don't physically feel hungry, I still want more. This is what makes me get seconds, and go back to buffets, etc. I didn't have more last night (I picked up KFC after the meeting, but only had 2 thighs. But boy did I want more - so golden brown and juicy. I put the left overs in a baggie in the fridge, and later they still looked so good, even with little droplets of grease on the bag. I mean it looked greasy - that shouldn't be appealing - but I so wanted more. So I ate some rice cakes (oops, forgot to record them - have to do that now).

It does make it hard to stick to things when I lose when I don't follow it, and don't lose when I do. *grrrr*

No comments: