Thursday, November 02, 2006

Interesting Times

The chinese have a curse "May you live in interesting times."

Well, things do seem to be that at least.

Last week I get my bonus - better than the past two years combined, and nearly the past 3. So that is good. And a fairly decent raise as well. The buyout of the company goes through, as expected, so today I get my restricted stock bought out - again a nice bonus.

Of course, we can't have good without bad. Got the estimates for fixing the ceiling in Jon's room and the kitchen - $3K! A lot more than we expected.

Then Diane totals her car on Tuesday. She is fine, but now we have to get another car. The insurance will help a little, but not all that much. So there goes all the frickin bonus.

I got my 10% award last night at Weight Watchers - down exactly 25 lbs so far ( to 227.8 ). So that is good. Kind of waiting for the next shoe to drop.

No comments: