Thursday, January 04, 2007

Routines

I've said before that I'm a creature of habit, and like a routine. I don't know if that is good or bad, but it does seem to work for me.

I was down 4.2 lbs this week - and I attribute it to getting back to my normal routine. I also noticed that both weeks I've done 'badly' were when I wasn't able to follow my routine for one reason or another, and both were followed up by 'big' weeks. It makes me wonder if it wasn't the change that made the bad week show up, as opposed to actually not loosing those weeks.

I don't see where I should have lost over 4 lbs over the new year, but it does make sense that I've actually lost 2 each week, and the one weigh in just didn't reflect it.

Or I could be just making stuff up again. But I'm now at 214, which is 38.8 lbs lighter than what I was in August, and I have now officially lost more weight on Weight Watchers than on any other program, including the 36 lbs I lost on Atkins 5 years ago. 12 more lbs and I'll weigh less than I can ever remember as well (ok, I was a skinny runt in high school (when I graduated I was wearing 28" waist pants, but that won't ever happen again, and I don't want it). But I can't remember when I was under 200 before. I remember getting pissed during my divorce at having to buy "fat" pants - but I don't remember if those were 44's or 42's at the time. Even my 42's fit loosely right now, and the 44's are almost to the point where, even with a belt, I can't wear them. Even my boxers that I wear to bed are hanging on me - soon they won't even do that - they'll just fall down when I take a breath.

No comments: