Friday, January 12, 2007

da blues

*sigh*


*sigh*


*sigh*


I'm just feeling down right now. It seems like things are just going badly, and I'm having a real hard time rolling with the punches and letting it go. Gaining weight. Being turned down to staff Discovery. Work right now really sucks. We have a major project that is due to begin testing on Monday, and while development is done, getting it deployed is a nightmare. And all this rush, but they plan on being in test for like 9 months! So I have a hard time coming up with a sense of urgency about it.

What is really getting me is just that I've felt like this for a couple of weeks now, and since I have a past history of depression, I try to watch for when I start moving into a depressive episode so that I can take care of it - whether is means going back on welbutrin for a few months or what.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

At least you have recognition on your side. Wasting time in avoidance or denial tends to just exacerbate the problem (been there and done that).

May the force be with you.

Mike Carter said...

Wow! I have a comment! Somebody (besides my family) has actually read this!

This is cheering me up quite a bit, at least for the moment! Thanks Michelle!

Michelle said...

Well, this will just make ya look silly as heck grinning at the screen now that there is another one!

It really is the same person, though.

I actually checked out the troubled teen site at work today but then it got pretty busy and I didn't have time to post anything.

I was a residential counselor for 2 years before moving over to the school as an instructional aide. That was a lifetime ago. I put myself through night classes until I got my B.A. and passed all the tests that allowed me to step into a teaching internship. The rest, as they say, is history.

My point, somewhere in all of that, was that I have a good bit of experience and would be more than happy to help in any way if you ever need it (just being allowed to vent can take a lot of pressure off).

I'll check back!

Mike Carter said...

Like I need any help to look silly! I can do that all on my own, thank you very much, and I do, several times a day!