Thursday, January 25, 2007

Half way (officially) - finally!

Yep, reached the half way point last night - and I'm fairly happy because it has been a bit more of a struggle since Christmas; having two weeks where I went backward.

So I'm down 41.2 lbs - to 211.6. Slightly over half way to my goal for now. The lowest I can remember being as an adult was 202 several years ago when I was on Atkins - right before I had my gall bladder out and never got back on that. I've actually lost more now than I did then, but this time I started higher. That diet I lost 36 lbs - but gained 50 in the four years since I stopped it.

I can't imagine what I'll look like at 172. I still see myself as fat - though I've gotten several comments lately about it - all of them interestingly enough seem to think it was very sudden, and not since August.

The cool thing is now I'm no longer obese - I'm officially overwieght (BMI of 29.5).

Two thoughts also occur to me with this. One is that if I want to get my weight where it should be and keep it there, then I can pretty much never go back to the way things were - eating stuff like double quarter pounders and big steaks. But then the other thought hit me last night - and that was how much do I want that anymore?

I haven't been to McDonalds in over five months. Yes, a Sausage McMuffin w/Egg still sounds so good, but a burger doesn't really. Ok, I still have a weakness for KFC - but I do much better about it, and not eating as much as I used to. (I do wish they would quantify exactly what a 'serving' of their sides is though - good nutritional information for them except for that). I've been wanting to eat fish a bit more - and eating shellfish quite a bit more.

The thing I don't like is thinking about food all the time - I would like to get out of that mode, so I can eat 'healthy' and not have to be thinking about it all the time. And yes, I still feel hungry a lot - and writing about it now isn't helping that either. So a big glass of water for now (because we have parent teacher conferences tonight, then we have to call Katie's family rep, then a meeting for the band booster by-laws - so we are picking up chicken between things - and I have to save my points :-) and try to think of something else!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Congratulations!

That is an awesome achievement and it is one that will literally benefit your life.