Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Paranoid, with delusions of Adequacy

So it was a fun weekend. Diane received here Gold Club sales award (for selling over $1 million (insert Dr. Evil quote saying "One Million Dollars" here) last year) as well as a special award from the closing company. She drank a bit much there, but it was ok. I sat and clapped and tried to be the good, supportive wife.

Then on Sunday we almost forgot that we were going to the Funny Bone with our friends - that was a lot of fun as always. I had never heard of any of the comics, though the opening act was a local guy we had seen before. I know this because there can't be two former Dayton teachers doing standup around her. His bit translating the history of America using cookies is really good (The crackers came from across the sink. The part about sending the Dorritos back under the sink is real funny).

Oh yeah, and I'm an idiot. Not that it is a surprise to anyone. I spent most of Friday night attempting to decipher the IRS site and the tax code, to figure out how badly I had screwed the band over. I also made some calls. It turns out we have NEVER filed a tax return for the band. And until August we have never had to. Now we do (a 990 or whatever). But the law was signed in August, and our fiscal year ended in May. So we don't have to file for last year, just this year onward. So we aren't screwed. We aren't behind. The sky isn't falling, and I had to send out a bit of red-faced explanation stating, once again, that I'm an idiot.

In other thoughts, I need to get back to writing. Not that I'm a writer or anything, but I do find I enjoy the little bits I do. I find it kind of weird though that when I actually have free time and can do these things, I don't. It is only when I seem to be overwhelmed that they bubble up and become yet another source of stress - but they get done. So I need to sit down tonight and get some done. Update the WLD blog - we haven't played since before Christmas - this should be caught up, especially since we may finally play again this Thursday. Write another chapter of my life story. And not just sit on my butt in front of the boob tube.

No comments: