Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Like a game show

That is what it feels like. I can't say much, but I won (if it can be put that way) the Jury Duty lottery. And to top it off, it is a three week trial. And so far, I seem to be a big winner - got in the box yesterday so I have to go back this afternoon to see if I get the big prize of spending the next three weeks listening to lawyers (isn't there a specific circle of hell where that is the punishment?). I don't mind doing my civic duty, so we'll see.

Of course it is screwing up my workout schedule, as well as going to get Jon from college. Just as I get started lifting weights again (3 times last week) and now I may not be able to do it for the next three weeks. I might try to get to the rec center, but it is always a bit more difficult to do when it is unfamiliar (different machines, don't have my notes (i.e. how much on what) etc.) Yes, it is all excuses, and if I really wanted to get a workout (cardio or weights) in I could.

Tonight we have the budget meeting for the band for next year - oh joy. And it seems to be short as well, which is never a good thing ( though I expect we will get some past due accounts paid up just before band camp, if the levy passes and there is a band camp).

No comments: