Monday, May 07, 2007

short lived victory

Or so it seems to be shaping up. 4 lbs on Wednesday. However I've noticed that I've been nowhere near that since I weighed in, neither in the mornings or evening. By quite a bit - meaning several pounds. I'm wondering if the reason it seemed so high was a simple fluke of some sort - but now, like all of those little items that just seem to be too much good luck, it comes crashing down - and paying it back is always much worse than any benefit you originally thought you gained.

Like when you are mistakenely refunded a bill - that is great. Until they correct the mistake - and take the money back - and it is always much harder when they take it back than any benefit you got when they gave it in the first place.

I really expect a bad week this week - I have a hard time picturing how I'll lose over two more pounds by Wednesday as compared to this morning. I can't think of any place I've skipped or fudged points either. It seemed to be too good to be true - and was. But dealing with going up is so much worse than not having gone down as much - it will really suck.

What I do wish is that it would even out at some point - it seems that no matter what I do every week is a surprise, good or bad. I can't seem to find a steady grove and just stay there, where it is a constant (or at least near it) loss - it always seems to be out of my control and jumping around a bunch.

Of course what is worse is last week should have been bad - what with KFC on Saturday, Ribs on Sunday and steak on Monday - and then actually going over my points because I miscalculated Monday's lunch (I didn't realize the nutritional info they posted was for 1/2 a wrap at first).

Lots of victim talk and feelings today. bleah!!!

No comments: