Thursday, May 10, 2007

I hate it when I'm right

Up a pound. Like I expected. And then we went to the chinese buffet for dinner, and at home I sucumbed to temptation and ate the last of the cookies from the middle school band concert as well.

Time to get back on it.

In other news, the school levy passed - so that is a big relief. There is still a lot of talk going on about it, and what should / should not also be done. Same person causing me stress before. I've also talked to other people about him, and he seems to cause stress for them in other areas as well. Just great!

Me, I look at things like this and think that if you don't like the system, then you need to change it. If you don't like the school board policy - you need to change the school board - and the only way to do that is to change the people on the board - meaning someone else has to run.

My brother-in-law did that in New Jersey. He got so upset about how the school board was running that he got himself elected to it to change things. There is a part of me saying that perhaps I should actually step up as well. No no piggie, that's not fear, that's excitement. God what would I be doing to myself there?

I have suggested that this person run for the board, since he is so adamant about his ideas and what needs to be done - and I really doubt he would be willing to step up and put his money where his mouth is. In addition, I'm not so sure I'd vote for him either.

But I best banish these thoughts before they grow any more and I start actually looking at it.

No comments: