Thursday, February 15, 2007

Taking advantage of being sick

One good thing about being sick all weekend - I do great when I weigh in. Or I should, but they cancelled the meetings yesterday. I'm not sure why they did - the roads here were worse last week when they didn't close it.

I had taken the afternoon off to pick up Diane at the airport. She got stuck in Detroit because of the storm, and then her flight got in two hours late - which according to the airline was still listed as 'on-time'. So before we headed to the meeting I weighed myself at home - thinking that it wouldn't look good because I hadn't worked out since Friday, and we went out for a big lunch after I picked her up (sushi - yummm!). But I was down to 207.8 at home, so I'll claim that for now. That would be exactly 45 lbs now. Of course that means I've lost another point, but at least last week I was real good about not eating too much for once. At least not exercising I wasn't quite as hungry.

I did notice last night that I really wanted an apple - and we were out. I can see craving a steak, or ribs, or lasagna, or chips, or candy. But nobody craves apples. I also found out that the weight watchers ice cream stuff adds in extra fiber - so the one serving is real good on points, but if you have two, then it doesn't double, it almost triples! That is the trick about fiber, since only the first 4 grams count it usually only helps for one serving of stuff.

The kids are back in school today, and out of snow days (Used them all up within two weeks!).

No comments: