Thursday, May 31, 2007

Down a pound, down a point

Ah yes, yet another disincentive to losing weight. Actually I have been expecting this for several weeks - apparently the point calculator rounds, so I kept the point for two extra weeks, but not that I'm down to 188.6 it is definitely gone.

"You are doing great - so eat less and work out harder just to keep going!"

Oh, and your clothes are all loose and baggy and you look crappy in them, so you get to go spend more money buying new ones.

Even my shoes are loose. I decided to grow a brain yesterday, and figured why not wear sandals for weigh in to make it easier to take them off. So I put my old ones in my gym bag, didn't think about it. Put them on after my workout and they almost fell off. I had to tighten all the straps because my feet were skinnier :-)!

I must be looking better though, because the woman at registration was asking about my goal, and suggesting that their goal ranges were a bit low for men, and I could get a doctor's note to set a goal above their range.

So I guess I'm really doing well (64.2 lbs down, 15.8 to go!). However I don't think I want to change my goal - I like the idea of not being overweight, even based on the unrealistic BMI insurance tables (i.e. getting a BMI under 25). Right now it is 26.2. To get to the 'normal weight range' I need to be under 179, and 172 is actually at 24. This being down from 35.2 when I started. Not only that, but I like the 'round number' of 80 lbs lost, though 75 would be a good number as well.

Part of me is simply stubborn - I set a goal, which when I set it was the maximum allowed by the program, and I don't want to change it to make it easier. I still have a bit of a gut, and feel a bit flabby in my thighs. I don't know if I'll ever have six-pack abs (instead of the current 12 pack I'm carrying around), but I want to get it as flat as I can, even when I'm sitting.

Right now it is just keep working at it. I'm concerned about my upcoming vacation and what it will do to my weight loss as well. I so remember the Hog Jowls Dad has a Lambert's - and anything there is going to really be hard to fit in (what with all the pass-arounds etc.) And I know the reunion will be a fish fry and barbecue. And it will be really hard to get good workouts in.

I'm less worried about the other times I'm taking vacation - the game conventions and seminars. I can work out on the seminar (I did it before), and at the conventions (if I'm not too lazy) - but also at Origins I can do a lot of Subway, and probably something similar at GenCon.

No comments: