Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Witch's Tit or Well Digger's Ass?

So which is actually colder? And where did they ever get those expressions anyway? Or a witch's tit in a brass bra? How did that become a standard for cold?

But that actually aren't really my ideas - I stole them from Costaki Economopoulos - we saw him a few years ago and he was just hilarious. I wish he would come back to Dayton! He was on Bob and Tom this morning.

Regardless of where I stole the lines from - it is friggin' cold out there. And with the humidity and the wind, it feels so much more colder than when I grew up and it used to hit forty below zero. But we had no humidity, and almost no wind, so while it was cold, it didn't seem quite so bad as when it is cold here.

It reminds me of when we lived in Alabama for a semester. We had to get electric blankets for at night - and we never had them back home. I remember standing in front of the space heaters in the rooms first thing in the morning. And it didn't get nearly as cold as it did at home - but we felt it more. Like we do here.

And of course - Diane just left for Ft. Lauderdale for a week. It is in the single digits here, and friggin 62 there. And who has to get up at 4 am to drive her to the airport? God I must love that woman. I'll leave the expletives out for now :-)

No comments: