Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Had a bad day

I'm a whiner. Have you ever noticed that when life is actually going pretty good, you pick all the little things to get annoyed about.

I look at the big picture. I'm healthy. I have a decent house, and I'm able (if just barely) to pay my bills every month. There is food on the table every day, and I have the extra (both in time and $$) to do some fun things once in a while (sometimes too much, but never so much that I get so far in trouble I can't get out fairly easily). Sure we live pretty much paycheck to paycheck, but then I kind of expect. My wife and kids are healthy, and except for my daughter, doing fairly well. She is safe and in a good environment to work on her issues (see my other blog http://parents-of-a-troubled-teen.blogspot.com/ for details on her), but even that is being paid for.

But like I said, I'm a whiner. I pick the little things. At least once I get them out then I realize how little they really are, and get on with life.

So this morning I get up to my normal routine. Check my bank account (a habit left over from my divorce - I like to know exactly how things are going with what little money I have, and Diane doesn't always let me know when she uses her debit card immediately), no surprises there (which is always a good thing - that is one area that I NEVER want a surprise in). Then I go to synch my iPod.

It says I don't have the space to synch everything (with 5 Gig left - do I really have 5 Gig to load on it?) What I really want is to get the Channel Frederator awards on it to watch. But the stupid thing deletes ALL the video. So I go through deleting a bunch of free tv episodes (I tend to grab everything on iTunes that is free, just to try it) that I haven't gotten to, and don't really care about anyway. Then try to synch it up again (it now has 15 Gig free). And it thinks it has 130 things to synch - even though there are only like 15 that I have checked to synch up. And it is now like 7:30, I've been messing with this for 45 minutes (I went upstairs to make my lunch when it started to synch - thinking it would be done - foolish me). So I stop it - looks like I got the podcasts, but nothing else yet (though all my music is there). The stupid thing is trying to update stuff that doesn't belong on it - I see it transfering it - then it deletes it.

So I stop it, eject it, and run out - leaving my breakfast on the counter. I do get to work on time at least - and do have the awards to watch when I work out. I'm going to have to work in this tonight to get the video I want loaded though. Stupid techno-crap Pain in my butt.

Then my youngest son calls from school (they had a two hour delay due to fog). He wants me to bring him gym clothes. I told him this morning to get some shorts and a t-shirt - he just doesn't like them. I'm not going to leave work for that - so he is made at me for not bailing him out.

Ok - deep breathe - quit whining (I won't even go into some of the stuff at work today - I could whine about that for hours).

I feel better now. I do have a pretty good life after all. And even though the EOS meter is high, it isn't nearly as high as it has been, and I don't feel too bad there. Oh - I'll have to talk about EOS here soon.

No comments: