Thursday, August 02, 2007

The Incredible Shrinking Man

Down 3.0 lbs this week, which isn't too bad :-). Got two more gold stars - a 5 lb one and my 6th big one (for 70 lbs down). Total of 70.6 now.

I'm having self-images issues again. I see the numbers, but I can't translate them to anything. Last night, after my workout, for giggles, I picked up two 35 lb dumbells. *SHIT* No way. No fricking way! I can't grok it. They were heavy as hell. I just can see where I was carrying that around all the time. Sure, Diane said that it is a bit different when it is all over vs. picking it up off the ground - but still.

It was interesting - I had a woman at the Body Shop (which is the workout facility here at work - everything is named after 'car' stuff) comment on how much better I looked lately - and I can't remember if I had ever talked to her before - and barely even remember seeing her. I guess that is pretty cool as well.

So when does this quit being a big deal anyway? Or should it ever?

No comments: