Monday, April 23, 2007

Keeping busy

It seems there is always something lately.

Saturday was a great example. Knowing we would have a very busy day, we got up real early and decided to try the rebuild Golden Nugget pancake house down the street. Pretty good actually, but I don't think I would ever stand in line for two hours for any pancake place (and yes, people do). In all the time I've been in this part of town, this is my first time there because of the wait. But at 6:30 am on a Saturday there isn't one.

Then have to get Matt to his scout campout by 8. Not a big deal as everyone was up. Until I get home, to find out that no - everyone else went back to bed. grrrrrr

Then Erik had a mandatory meeting for his summer job at 10. So exciting, pretty much the same as when Jon did it a few years ago. I do like that the city provides jobs for teenagers. It may be a fairly blue collar town, but I do like it here.

Then from 2 - 9 Diane and I worked the band booster concession stand at the high school, where they were having a 'Cruise-In' to support the upcoming school levy. Lot of work, but kind of fun. I, being the only male left on the board for the upcoming year, got to do the grilling - which we all know is a man's job *grunt, snort* :-) And then when we finally got home I had an extra hour and a half to count the money and get the deposit ready.

Then Sunday - nothing to do. Sure, had to mow the lawn, and get laundry done (i.e. like every other Sunday) but basically pretty quiet. The highlight was servicing the mower (I changed the blade, (then had to go back to the store to get oil as it all split out during this process), the spark plug, the air filter and oil. Of course the thing gave off some horrible oily smoke for about 5 minutes as it had to burn out all the oil that got in the carburetor . . .)

And today is back at work.

Tomorrow I lift weights again. Because I'm stupid, so stupid I committed to twice a week. At some point you think I'd learn.

No comments: