Friday, April 13, 2007

bad end to bad week

This week has just been fairly crappy, with the exception of my daughter finally starting to work a bit - but that is for the other blog!

It has been cold all damn week - where the hell did spring go?

The furnace broke down again. The stupid piece of crap is only about ten years old, but every other year something goes out on it. This time though it decided to break out of that pattern - it broke down twice this winter. Oh yeah, it is spring isn't it? With freeze warnings and highs in the 30's. Ugh!

I slept like total crap last night, when I slept. I was freezing all night long, but also sweating like the proverbial pig. At one point (out of about 4 times) I got up to pee, and when I lay back down my pillow was like I had dumped a glass of water on it I had been sweating so much. I turned on the extra heater we have for up there, and kept snuggling up to Diane to get warm - who was surprised because I felt so warm already.

Today my throat is starting to feel a bit sore, and my eyes and head are feeling like they are starting to get feverish. Of course, I can't jut go and get a good fever and actually be sick so that someone can tell - no I just end up feeling like crap with no real external symptoms.

The EOS meter at work is about to go off the scale as well. Today is the last day for one of the founders of our group - he started in this area a few weeks before I did. I hope all the best for him, but it leaves me as the only person on 24-7 support backup now. Not only that, but we work well together, because he is the type to do the big picture and plan out things, while I'm good at implementing the details. The idea of being the sole senior person on this team scares the crap out of me.

However tomorrow is another day. But of course there is a UD event tomorrow afternoon, and there aren't enough to work it as usual, so I may get stuck doing that as well.

I just want to go home and go to bed for a year.

No comments: