Thursday, September 06, 2007

Still not so good

So my brain has stopped turning to snot, and is now instead draining down my throat, causing me to cough a lot. I still don't feel very good, but slightly better. At least I seem to be able to breathe again.

I was up .2 last night - *sigh*. Of course, I get up this morning and on my home scale I'm down a pound. So just keep plugging. It is a bit more challenging being so close to goal however. One thing - I can't remember seeing anybody in my Wednesday night session make goal or lifetime. I have to wonder how rare that really is. I know I am now in the 'results not typical' category - but then that isn't the way I feel.

I guess it feels to me like if I can do it, then anybody can do it. I know it isn't easy - heck everybody will have setbacks (if I didn't have a few then I would have been at goal two months ago), but you just keep going. This is the same thing that makes me wonder why my daughter is having so many problems trying to work her program.

I'm not a Nike fan, but the idea of "Just Do It!" has always been part of me. Sometimes it is hard, and sometimes even harder to get started, but the key is to just do what you have to do. Sure there are excuses, but that is all they are, not obstacles.

Ok, time to crawl back in my hole now.

No comments: