Thursday, June 21, 2007

Some days I just don't understand it

Had the weekly weigh-in last night, after missing last week because of my vacation, and the week before being up 1.6. (As an aside, if I ever do get to lifetime and quit worrying constantly about this, what am I going to write about?)

Vacation was nice, but not so good on the points. In fact, it started off really bad. Like all my flex points on the first day (Hog Jowls at Lambert's Cafe' in Sikeston MO). And then did I take care after that - of course not. In fact, I got so discouraged that I flat out quit tracking altogether for the second week. I did step on a scale at Diane's brother's house - it said I was up a little, but it is really hard to know unless you are consistently using the same - and especially since it wasn't digital, it was all kind of guessing.

I did work out most days, at least up until the end. The last few I just didn't feel like it and got lazy.

So anyway, I weigh in. They base me on what I was two weeks ago, of course. And I'm down .2! How in the hell did that happen? I was eating way too much, and a lot of not so good stuff (though I did try to get in the occasional apple, and grab veggies when I could).

So now is time to get back on track. Of course we have keys this weekend. That means 6 hours in the car to Chicago, with Diane bringing out the snacks tomorrow, plus eating out all weekend up there. The hotel options are basically a salad - which has never been very appealing. (Their appetizer platter (wings, potato skins, nachoes) is pretty good however - but not on points). I will try to exercise there, and we will probably continue the liquid breakfast (it just sucks so bad to spend so many points first thing in the morning, when I'm usually not even that hungry). So just make sure I take some apples for drive up and back and avoid the crap, and with luck it will be ok.

But then comes tonight - we have free box seats for a Dayton Dragons game that Diane won. Including food, but no booze allowed (oh darn - whatever shall I do :-) ). But what will the food probably be - chips, hotdogs, burgers. So that is the key, to avoid blowing my points tonight so I have them for the weekend.

I do wish this would get easier at some point.

No comments: