Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Damn holidays

Stupid holidays. All last week I was doing great on my diet (and I know, it isn't a diet, it is a lifestyle change. It is still 'die' with a 't'!), then mom and dad arrived, and it all went to hell in a handbasket. An extra ham and cheese sandwich after we picked them up, a bit too much on Christmas, as expected, and chinese buffet for lunch yesterday. And not having any way to work out on Friday, Sunday or Christmas day (I did count points cleaning out the basement - I definitely broke a sweat and worked my butt off there for several hours). And then today Diane wanted me to go with her to the rec center - where I just can't get as effective a workout as I do at work. An hour there only seems to burn half the calories that I do at work (according to the machine, and who knows how accurate they really are) - but I find I'm not sweating as much or working as hard, so I think it is pretty accurate.

So, for the first time I've gained weight. Only .8 lbs, but it still sucks big time. And I'm worried about this week as well, as we are driving to Pittsburgh tomorrow to meet my sister, and travelling is even worse on the diet. Then New Year's Eve, where we will be drinking heavily.

At least on Thanksgiving I had most of the week to make up for it, unlike Christmas and New Years. *SIGH*

No comments: