Monday, December 18, 2006

Busy weekend

It has been a very hectic weekend, and started early. On Thursday we had the drywall people in, patching the ceiling in Jon's room, and then fixing the kitchen, which required them to put up drywall to cover and seal in the cracked plaster. Both ceilings looked real good.

Of course, they didn't re-hang the light in the kitchen, but that was ok, as we needed to paint the ceiling. Diane actually likes painting, so she did that, and I re-hung the light on Saturday. Had a bit more issues with it than I expected, but it is up and working.

For Jon's room, we painted the celing, then decided to go ahead and do some LONG overdue work there as well. I picked up some plastic conduit, and am running a few more outlets in his room. This is taking much longer than I expected, but at least when it is done he will have more than one plug in the room. Diane is also painting it, and that is going well.

I have all the plugs in, and am working on adding an overhead light as well. Saturday night everything looked good and was working (what was done), but when I turned the power back on last night - none of the plugs worked (in his room or Erik's room next door), though the wall light and Erik's overhead light both worked. So I figure one of the old wires from the wall light down to the wall socket must have broken - arrgh!!!!! Those wires have so little extra, there is nothing at all to work with. Depending on how bad it looks tonight (and of course, it will be dark by the time I get home, and with the circuit turned off - I hope the work lights I have work well!) I'll have to see if I can work with what is there, or will have to re-do it from the light, and if I do that can I do it through the wall, or have to run yet more conduit up the wall (and around the mirror. *sigh* But it should be nice for Mom and Dad next week when they get in.

It is hard to believe Christmas is only one week away. Of course I have a huge amount of shopping to do, but spending $400 on this room (plus the $1100 for the ceilings) means that I have to wait for payday to get any more presents. It is pretty amazing how quickly the costs run up on these things. However I figure I'll do my shopping Thursday afternoon (I'm taking a half day vacation then, but have to give blood platelettes (apherisis) which will take all friggin' afternoon) and Friday to get it finished.

No comments: