Thursday, November 30, 2006

Just like Kindergarten

Woohoo! I got my second gold star tonight. I feel special, just like a little kid. Maybe next I can be student of the week.

It is hard for sarcasm to come across when writing. I promised to keep my weight log public, so I am down to 221.4 lbs - which means I've officially lost 31.4 lbs - and that means a gold star for 30 lbs.

Weight watchers is working, though I feel the 'rewards' are a little corny. The ribbon for 10 lbs, the keychain for 10%, and the gold stars to put on the ribbon for each additional 10 lbs. I guess when you hit goal and lifetime they give something to add to the keychain.

It is funny - you can tell this is mostly women - as I don't know ANY men that want more crap with their keys! Men have to keep them in their pockets, not a purse, so we want as little as possible there. Women, and this includes both my ex and current wife and my daughter, so I've got a tiny bit of experience (which is the most ANY man can ever claim as it is) seem to love having huge globs of chains and doodads hooked together, with a key somewhere in the shuffle of rings if they are lucky. Diane pulls out a huge glob from her purse each time.

Me, I've got 5 keys total, on a double ring that comes apart. One ring holds the key to the van and to her car. The other holds the house key, the key to my desk at work, and the key to the Band Boosters PO Box, simply for convience. I can separate them easily, for when I'm in the can and someone forgets something (ok, that someone is usually me) forgets something and needs to run back in - I don't have to stop the car.

But I digress (and if you haven't figured out that I do that a lot, well then you just haven't been paying much attention. It says it right there in the title, this is a twisted ride - I never claimed I would ever get to the point, or that there was, in fact, a point at all.)

The point is to check in. I'm down more, that is good. I got another gold star, that is cute. I'm tired and going to bed, as I just realized it is after midnight, and that's all he wrote (tonight).

No comments: