Thursday, November 16, 2006

Suffering from my own success

That title sounds so ominous. But not inaccurate, to a small extent.

I'm doing good on my diet. Down 28 lbs. As of last night I was 224.8. Anyone familiar with weight watchers will know what that means. Yep, because I'm doing so well, I now get penalized. Well, it isn't really a penalty, but it sure doesn't seem to be a reward, or even an incentive. See, every 25 lbs is where the daily points are calculate. Not pounds lost, but on a absolute scale. Because the bigger you are, the more food you need to eat to sustain yourself. So some skinny little anorexic Barbie barely needs anything, while a growing boy like myself (that's a laugh - a 42 year old growing boy. Actually shrinking, which is better. The only direction I hae grown in 20 years is out (not up, I don't ever claim that one!)) needs a bit more food.

So loosing 2 points shouldn't be a big deal. It's not the first time, won't be the last (when I get into my goal range I'll be down to a whopping 22 pts a day - I have a hard time picturing how I'll ever make that). But I go and do this one week before Thanksgiving, the American celebration of Gluttony and Football. It already makes me feel hungry.

What I need to do is become a nursing mother under 16 - then I get an extra 12 points per day for a given weight. :-)

Enough whining - where's my non-fat no-sugar added yogurt?

No comments: