Monday, December 03, 2007

Time flies

Wow! Is it December already? I'm having a hard time getting my mind around that.

But then the christmas tree is up and Thanksgiving is over, so it must be time for Christmas.

This weekend was fun. My work had their first EVER adult christmas party (take your mind out of the gutter (why is it that we no longer have a word to denote those things that aren't open to children, but aren't x-rated (which adult seems to imply) or for retired (as in mature)?), and it was actually a lot of fun. I heard that over 2400 people RSVP'd for it, and of course there were always more showing up.

There weren't enough tables (by at least half), but we did get one, which is good because Diane can't stand that long with her knees lately. The big draw of course (aside from the huge amount of food and open bar) was the Beach Boys, and they were great. I even got a decent picture of Mike Love on my cell phone:

Of course they are old enough to be the Beach Bums now, but we were right up front and had a great time.

Of course I get on the scale this morning, and I'm up seven lbs - so time to actively get back to counting everything - I've been real lax about it and this weekend it really caught up with me. I figure a large part is just the awareness.

I've made the analogy that weight watcher's points are like money, and I don't like spending them and wasting them. But when I'm not counting it is like going on a cruise or staying at a Disney resort, where everything is put on your room key - it all adds up without you realizing it.

Now I know most of this is 'temporay' weight (i.e. just a normal fluctuation), but if I let it get away from me now then it won't be temporary, and will just keep fluctuating up.

As for WW - I got my lifetime number this weekend - it was fairly disappointing that a number is all it was. They also ended up changing my goal on it (down a pound), but not worth bothering over. It is funny how on the monthly pass they can send out a card every month, but can't be bothered to send a permanent card to lifetime members. And the letter says I'll have to fill out yet another form, plus they sent me a job application.

For the job (which I'm not planning on doing) I was expecting this - I think it is standard for nearly everyone who makes lifetime, especially those of us who fit in the 'results not typical' category (and at 80+ (ok, not today, but you know what I mean) lbs lost I guess I do go there).

One other bit of news - I got a (cheap, cheesy) plaque at work last week as part of the department 'Exemplary Project Recognition' for being part of a project team. The girl (it just doesn't sound right to say woman, though I know it is probably sexist, but then again I am almost old enough to be her father (actually technically I am, but I'm thinking more along the lines of the kids I do have) who sits next to me go the 'Rising Star' award for the department. I told her to bask in the glory of her award, as that was all she was going to get! I was also nominated for the company wide 'Consistent Performer' award (with about 100 others it seems, out of about 2000+ people) but didn't get it (nor did I expect to).

No comments: