Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Just some quick whining to get it out of my system

Things really are not bad.  I have a great wife, a fantastic job for a great company, and we are really doing OK.  But, in the immortal words of Joe Walsh "I can't complain, but sometimes I still do."

So just time to fire off some random bitches to get them out of my system.

First winter.  I know it is part of the natural cycle and all of that, but even with the official start to winter still three weeks away I am already over it.  It was snowing (ok, just flurries, not accumulation) this morning on the way to work.  I think I would be perfectly happy to NEVER see snow again.  Unfortunately the only way to get that is to then have ungodly hot summers, and I don't like that either.  Or wind.  Or rain.  In fact I'm just done with this whole weather concept all together.

Add to that the fact that it is pretty much dark when I leave for work and when I get home.  My hibernation instinct is kicking in - I just don't want to do much in the dark but curl up into a ball and try to stay warm.

Next is construction.  Or is it destruction.  Whatever, it is the constant banging and noise from the other side of the wall as they remodel that space for us to expand into.  And it is only going to get worse, because once they actually open up the new hallway it is going to be right outside my door.  Not 10 feet down the hall, not across the way.   My desk faces the door, and that wall with the door is going to be the wall of the new hallway.  The new opening will be about where the light switch is.

I've mentioned this one before, but it still irks me.  The human body is simply very poorly designed.  The fact that for some stupid reason my fat thinks that it still needs to save more fat on top of the huge amount of fat that it already has makes not sense.  And that it won't burn the fat first either - simply the stupidest piece of engineering ever.

It is the holiday season - and god do I hate the crowds.

At least the elections are over, so we don't have to hear the constant political commercials with the politicians all lying to us about how they are not going to screw us over.  Now we just have to wait to see the true extent of the screwage that we have elected for ourselves THIS time.

And finally, people with stupid personal blogs who don't update them, and then when they do don't have anything even remotely interesting or funny to say, just a list of complaints without any solutions.  What a bunch of losers.

No comments: