Tuesday, January 08, 2008

motivation, or lack thereof

I was going to talk about sloth, but I'm just too tired.

I don't know why, but I seem to have a real hard time lately wanting to do much of anything. It seems I just want to curl up, sit by the fireplace, read a book and eat. Of course it doesn't help that I don't have a frickin' fireplace either. And it doesn't stop me from seemingly shoving everything in sight into this gaping hole in the front of my face.

Here I go to all this work, lose all this weight, get all these compliments, and then go and put nearly 10 lbs back on since the week before Christmas. I told myself I was going to get back on the wagon and get it gone after the first - and woohoo - in that week I'm maybe 1/2 a lb down, if not actually up some.

I'm finding it very hard to stay on track if I'm not writing down every single point. It is just too easy to pop in a few pretzels, and then a handful, then a bowl, then 2. I was good in that I took the skin off the chicken when I made dinner last night, but then to make up for it I probably ate too much anyway.

And tonight we have our booster party - and though that will be dinner (and I worked out) I'll probably blow it again (hey - way to set myself up for failure before I even go - what a plan!).

It doesn't help that I seem to be hungrier now as well.

But I think a big part of it is that since I don't seem to want to do anything, I munch. When I'm busy I don't snack. But watching tv - bad. And reading, though not always so much.

*sigh*

No comments: