Tuesday, December 18, 2007

"Move that Bus!!!"

Ok, time for the big reveal. People have asked me for a while for a before picture of me when I was fat, and I had a hard time finding one, because I hate to have my picture taken. I used to have a small weight problem, and I got rid of that. But I still have a small ugly problem, and no amount of weight loss helps with that.

I was digging through a bunch of old pictures, and found one of back when my oldest son graduated from high school, which would be May of 2006. And then the Body Shop (the workout facility at work - everything there has car themes) picked me as the member of the month for January (that and two bucks will get me a cup of coffee), and they want a picture. So I had Diane take a picture, and I guess I have them both.

So here they are. First about three months before I started Weight Watchers - I'm not sure how big I was then, but I wasn't trying to diet at all at that point, so I was probably higher than when I started WW at 252.


Now time to "Move that Bus" - or my big fat ass in this case. This one was actually taken earlier this evening (not quite my lowest weight (I am struggling with maintenance), but close to it).

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Stop being so hard on yourself!

I see nothing "ugly" in either picture, actually. You do, however, look healthier in the last picture.

Great job!

Mike Carter said...

Thanks. I'm only hard on myself to keep this rampant ego in check - if I don't beat it down daily (small blunt objects are best) then it grows until I start to have these delusions of adequacy - and who really needs that?

Besides - self confidence isn't funny at all, and if you can't laugh at yourself then you are in big trouble (because everyone else is already laughing - so better to laugh with them!)