Friday, December 14, 2007

Keeping Accountable

I went to my first meeting as a lifetime member of weight watchers this week - weighed in at 169.4. It was interesting that when I got my sticker it had set my goal weight 1 lb lower than it was (at 171), but I'll life with it.

So I'm done for December. I have to weigh in once a month to remain free - I figure it will be late January before I head back, what with the trip to see my daughter coming up next week, then Christmas.

What I've found is that I have to be very careful, or I quickly get out of control. I'm mixed about food journalling (and counting points) - I see the value in it but don't want to have to do it for the rest of my life. I want to get to the point of just eating reasonably, working out, and staying where I need to. But that remains to be seen if I can do that or not. It didn't work over Thanksgiving, but then that is also a once a year exceptional time.

No comments: