Friday, December 28, 2007

I've got the blues, the reds and the pinks

I love that line from J Geils Band - "Love Stinks".

I've been feeling down for the past couple of days, and was before the trip as well. I just remembered something this morning - the last time I was at the Dr. we talked a bit about my depression, and he mentioned that I might have a bit of Seasonal Affective Disorder - I love that the TLA for that is SAD.

Maybe I just need more sun. Yeah, that big yellow thing that only occassionaly decides to show up somewhere on the ceiling of that big room (that used to be blue, but somebody must have painted it grey lately, and is more often than not black) that I have to go through between work and home.

I think I've heard of this mythical thing called sun before. I seem to remember it being warm as well (and that is something I'm not all that familiar with any more.) I swear since I lost the weight my hands are always cold, and I'm in general cold now. I lost my frickin' insulation is what happened.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I can soooooo relate to having the blues. My mom suffers from SAD and winters are rough for her.

I'm fairly aware that my blues stem from just not getting up and out and doing the things that I need to ( like wlking more and doing more work around the house) and that it is totally up to me to just do it!

BTW - I hope that you have a very happy new year!

~M~