Friday, November 02, 2007

Stress

Stress: The confusion caused when the mind overrides the bodies basic desire to choke the living shit out of someone that desperately needs it.

I've been feeling a lot of stress lately, from many different directions.

Last weekend I flew out to Colorado to see my Mom for her 70th birthday. She was surprised and cried (I shoot, I score, I win!!!) That was nice. Going to lunch with my 82 year old aunt - much less so. She lives in her own worls, and is so surprised when any and everyone does not cater exactly to what she wants. I felt a lot of stress about that, and just traveling in general.

Work is causing a tremendous amount - getting the new employee handbook with all the new changes (losing 2 holidays, changes to sick time policy, etc).

Having people who seem to be not doing their jobs, and avoiding them, causes me a lot of stress. Especially when that is a volunteer position, and others are depending on it. Lots and lots of stress there.

The band boosters had to cancel tonights Blues Brothers concert, because the students didn't get out and sell tickets.

I went out at lunch today and bought a laptop for doing the band booster stuff. I'm feeling very frustrated about it as well - but that is because I have this new toy sitting in my trunk that I can't play with :-)

My weigh in this week, amazingly enough after feeling like I blew it completely all weekend, was dead even again - still hanging at 170.0, 82.8 lbs down, for the third week in a row. Two more weeks until lifetime.

Days like today I really feel like I have a very, very serious drinking problem - I don't do nearly enough of it!!!!! Not by a long shot.

Yes, I'm feeling quite a bit of stress. All stressed out and no one to choke!

No comments: