Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Frustrated

by poor customer service. Weight Watchers has been having an issue lately with their PDA application - Weight Watchers On-The-Go, an app to track your points on your PDA, as well as calculate food and exercise points. One of the requirements however is to synch up with their servers to both upload your information (so you can see and edit it on their site) as well as download any new data (i.e. new food point values).

Well the synch for this has been broken for about a month now, and it isn't just me. All sorts of people, with a huge variety of PDA's (all running Palm-OS) and versions of windows are all having issues.

Me, I'm just about fed up. To the point I was thinking about writing my own app to do simple point tracking, though I did find another freeware app that does it, and I am just trying to learn and get used to it.

So why is this important? Because so far I can't seem to do very well without tracking my points - this morning I weighed in at home at 172.0 - still in my goal range (actually exactly at goal), but up 3 lbs in 2 weeks - not good at all. And it isn't just Thanksgiving, which was bad enough, but everything else, and I seem to want to just blow it all over the place when it comes to eating. You think that after a friggin' year (14 months!) new and better habits would be ingrained, and while they are to some extent, I still find myself not stopping when I've had enough, and just munching when I'm not really hungry.

So time to keep tracking - and to learn this new program. Plus I do still have a bit of a belly (that is where most of my fat goes anyway), so it wouldn't hurt to drop another five pounds or so. The thought always occurs to me to go for the big gold ring for my keychain - the 100 lb award. But that would put me at 152 - and I don't think I have that much to spare. So that isn't realistic. Even though this program sets my 'ideal' weight at 160, which isn't that far off.

On a happier note, today at work we had our first annual departmental awards, and I got recognition as part of a team on a big project. Only a cheap (i.e. a printed certificate tacked to a fake board with a thin piece of plexiglass) plaque (c'mon - show me the love - the $$$$ kind!) but it was something.

On friday we have the company wide awards - and I was nominated for a "Consistent Performer" award - this would be for people who would be nominated for "Employee of the year" on an annual basis. I doubt I will get it, but I do have to be recognized for being nominated (which I apparently was by my vice-president - not bad).

No comments: