Thursday, August 09, 2007

I'm an idiot

I'm an idiot. Period. Dumb as a rock, at least at times.

This ties into Tuesday's post. I go to weigh in. Now yo know I feel crappy about this week. It is driving me nuts, I seem to have fluxuated about 9 lbs (at the Body Shop, our workout facility at work, I was about 179 on Saturday morning after working out - and on Monday night at home I was 188) during the week - and it was driving me crazy. That along with knowing that I wasn't great on my diet.

So I was bad yesterday. I did something I shouldn't have, period. I didn't eat solid food all day before weighing in. Now I usually have a slimfast shake every morning for breakfast. Some people will say this is horrible, but I just hate spending a lot of points first thing in the morning when I'm not really hungry anyway. I figure it is fairly nutritionally balanced, and helps me from getting too hungry before lunch. But I was bad and that was all I had for lunch as well. I know that isn't good, and I won't do it again this next week, but I was feeling so crappy about things.

I worked out for an hour as usual before hand, then went to WW. This time I actually took two bottles of water, as well as two snacks (some of the WW Honey Mustard Pretzel thins, and a Fiber One bar) as well, because by the time 6:00 pm rolled around I was pretty darn hungry. Thinking back, what I needed was an apple.

I sign in, hit the head, and from no line there is suddenly six people in front of me. (And yes, I'm dragging this out - just to build that dramatic tension and keep you on the edge of your seat dear reader :-) ). I finally get up there, and I'm frigging down a pound. Down. A. Pound. WTF?!?

Don't get me wrong, this is a good thing. But I can't get it to make any sense in my head. In fact it is fairly frustrating to me, this inconsistency and bouncing all the time. It bugs me - for quite a while when I got up in the morning and checked my weight, it would be almost dead on what it would be that evening at weigh in. But the past two weeks I've been several pounds less at weigh in than in the morning - but then the next day etc I still show up. I have to wonder if my scale is accurate or not. (What I really need to do is bring it in, and do a direct comparison between it and the 'official' one.)

Of course, I also need to stay off the damn thing most of the day, so I won't drive myself even crazier than I normally am.

2 comments:

Oscar1986 said...

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b105/smhead

Mike Carter said...

oscar - your gallery is private, plus the URL doesn't work.