Wednesday, May 23, 2007

A Complimentary Insult

Or an insulting compliment.

My group at works tends to take a daily break around 2:30 or 3:00 for a quick walk down to the convience store located in building 2 (I'm in building 1). Some people buy a snack, and we often stop by the credit union when people need to, but a lot of us (me included) just do this as a break and a walk.

Yesterday, one of the women looked at me and said that I needed to break down and buy new pants - I looked like I was wearing my older brother's hand-me-downs. Not because of patches or anything - they were simply too big for me.

I guess it is time to get some 36" pants, though the other pair I wear aren't quite as loose (it would be nice if the same size on the label was actually the same size in the clothes). But even these are a bit loose, though not as bad as my others. I just hate spending money on clothes though - especially by outgrowing (or undergrowing or whatever, you know what I mean) them. I have three pair of dockers, 2 pair of jeans and 2 pair of shorts - all are at best loose - the jeans and one pair of dockers are really loose, as are the shorts. And one pair of the shorts I think I've only worn once. CRAP!!! I guess I just bought them too early, anticipating good weather that we didn't get in April.

As of last week I have 17 lbs to goal. I don't know if that will put me in even smaller pants or not. I thought 38 was a reasonable goal, but I still have a bit of a gut that I really want gone, and still feel flabby in my thighs, butt, gut and arms.

Then Diane says last night that she thinks I'm losing too much weight. That I need to slow down or stop. Or exercise less. Talk about support - nice to have that behind me dragging me back from my goal. I'm not planning on it though - I set this goal and I'm going to keep working until I get there and stay there. I want to get to the point where I'm not overweight on anybody's tables, period.

Of course I get up this morning and am .2 up from last week - so it may be a bad weigh in today as well. It does seem that what I weigh myself at home in the morning is very close to what I do at WW that evening (the difference is at home I'm not wearing anything).

This is also frustrating, because I thought I had a really good week. I'm actually under points (had 10 flex left) for the week - even after really pigging out on ribs on Sunday. And I dread this weekend as well because of the tournament - Friday night through Sunday away from home screwing up my diet - though I will try to exercise at the hotel on Sat & Sun morning before Jon and I head out.

No comments: