Thursday, April 19, 2007

Oww, Owww, F*****g Owww!

Tell me again why I’m such a dumb shit? Why do I do this to myself?

I actually lifted weights today. First time in 11 months.

I am already sore in my legs, arms and across my chest.

And it is only going to get worse for the next day or so.

This is supposed to be good for me. Why does everything that is supposed to be good for you SUCK so bad!!!

This is just more proof that there is no intelligent design in the way people are built. If there were, then exercise would be pleasant and feel good, not painful. Chocolate would be good for you, and broccoli and cauliflower would be fattening. But noooo – our ancestors needed to store all the extra calories for the lean times (which were most of them), and fat tastes so good because it keeps them warm and healthy since they are running after their food all the time. We are programmed to eat as much as possible – because our bodies never know when the next meal is going to come from. And extra is stored for later use, instead of flushed away like it would be if we were built for the lives we lead.

I’m going to hate myself in the morning, even more than I do now. And to show how stupid I am, I’m going to make a SMART goal to my keys family to do this to myself twice a week for the next two months.

No comments: