Wednesday, March 21, 2007

I want to go back to Hell

Or more specifically, Hell, Cayman Islands. Yes, it is officially spring now. Weatherbug is even showing that it is 66 outside. It just isn't the same.

We visited Grand Cayman on our delayed honeymoon, back in November of 2003. It was part of a Western Caribean cruise, that hit the cruise lines private beach in the Bahamas (not technically in the Caribean, but with all the sun and free food there, who really cares), Grand Cayman, Mexico (Costa Maya and Cozumel). The Mexican pyramids were kind of cool, but I'm just not into Mexican culture (having grown up in the Southwest, I had it force fed to me for most of my public school education - in my home town there were many more Martinez, Lopez and Guiterez in the phone book than Smith or Jones).

On the stop at Grand Cayman, we swam with stingrays, visited the turtle farm, and went to Hell (and I sent a "I've been to Hell and Back" postcard to work from there, with the appropriate "Wish you were here!" on it!). We ate turtle burgers. It was just a great time.

I so want a vacation - one that is all about taking it easy and having fun, low in stress. The only stress we had for the entire cruise was the cost, and we just put it on a credit card and didn't think about it (though putting the 'responsible' hat back on, we are still paying that off - as we rolled that card balance into a 2nd mortgage). Now if Diane would just land a sale of a house for a couple million, then we could actually afford it.

So it isn't California Dreaming - it is Caribean Dreaming!

No comments: