Monday, March 26, 2007

Feeling better

Well went to the dr. today. Nice new offices, I hate to think how much I paid for :-). But I decided not to go on Welbutrin yet.

It is funny (weird, ironic, you pick) but as soon as I made the appointment, in general I started feeling better. Maybe it is tied into the weather - the dr. mentioned that, and it is something I've never paid much attention to before - but I know that during the holidays I'm usually pretty down (not that it has to do with all the crap that has happened during the holidays in the past).

However the sun has been out, though it still may rain today. Weatherbug says it is currently 74 outside. For some reason I've noticed lately that we NEVER are anywhere near the 'normal' temperature - always really high or low. But I'll take some more days in the 70's - I may even get outside for a bit. Diane has the windows open - which she loves, though I've never cared for it in Ohio (too humid, and doesn't really seem to cool off much for sleeping, plus all the pollen and crap).

He was pretty happy about the weight loss. Lately everyone seems to be noticing it. I wish I felt as good about it as they all do :-). I still see a big belly, thighs that rub together too much, etc. The doc was a bit concerned, thinking that the BMI recommendations may be a bit too far. He had mentioned some formula (that I can't remember darn it) about taking X + height in inches to get your ideal weight - mine would come out to be 155 - then you can go above that like 10% (or close to it, I don't know how he got the 17) - for 172 - which is the weight watchers goal. He is going to be happy just to see me under 200 (fully clothed darn it - weigh four pounds more at dr office with shoes & crap than I did last week at WI).

They took blood (had to stick both arms - even without the fat I'm still not a good drug addict), and will check my cholesterol and thyroid, though he did give me a new script for the latter.

It is nice using the grill again. Made burgers last night (ok, I had Boca burgers - hamburgers just so blow my points out) (and there is probably something wrong about having Boca burgers with Bacon on them - but I can't tell all that much difference once you add some lettuce, onions and cheese (and the bacon of course))). Tonight is is chicken - and according to the nutritional info on the bag the chicken quarters we get aren't as bad as I thought, which is good.

No comments: