Thursday, March 08, 2007

Big 50!

Hit is yesterday, dead on. And they gave me a magnet as well as another gold star (woohoo!) Yes, as of weigh in yesterday I have officially lost 50 lbs (so I weighed in at 202.8). Next is to finally get my fat butt under 200 for the first time that I can remember in my adult life. I was this close about 5 years ago on Atkins, though back then it was a total of 38 lbs.

The biggest problem right now is I don't have very many 40" waist pants - and I don't want to go and get more as this is purely a 'transition' size. My original goal was to be back in 38's - but then I saw that is actuall still considered 'overweight'. That and from the way I'm going, I should be in 36's by the time I'm done. Now I have lots of 38's, but not many 40's (like 2 pair, plus 2 pair of jeans (I found another pair the other day). Only one pair of 38 jeans though.

I have nothing smaller than 38 however. So I figure now is the time to get in the stretchy 38's, the 42's are hanging on me, and there is only so much that you can make up for with a belt, plus the bunched fabric under the belt isn't very comfortable. So I am 62.5% of my goal, and still going well. I've had 5 bad weeks out of 28 weeks on weight watchers.

Of course, being the math/computer geek that I am, I graph this stuff, and try to average it out and make predictions. The safest thing is that I should hit goal before a year - sometime around 11 months at this rate, which would put it in July. So I won't be at goal when I become a keyholder, but that is ok, I could be on my last 10 by then (assuming 8 weeks after the next keys, which is the weekend of April 14th, so that assumes my final keys on June 16-17).

The hardest thing for me is the desire to just say "F#$% it!" and go pig out on something. And I still seem to be hungry a lot, which I take as a good sign (when I'm not hungry I don't lose anything).

We did go to Outback last night for dinner - and I actually had the points for dinner. Not for the appetizer sampler or bread though, so eat into the weekly points there. Plus on Friday I'm meeting an former co-worker at Voltzy's Weiner World - best burgers around - like I need that! So tomorrow I need to get my fat butt up real early and come in and work out first thing - I really need the activity points if I'm going to eat even a couple of burgers there.

No comments: