Friday, February 02, 2007

We Met the Queen

The real life Sweet Potato Queen, in all her sequined glory. Actually it was the second time we had seen her, but that is ok. Diane loves her books. The blog she is doing on her tour is pretty cute.

CinciJ.B.2007-01-17_19-54-48.JPG

And you can read about her adventures in Dayton http://www.sweetpotatoqueens.com/news/detail.php?news_id=22

http://www.sweetpotatoqueens.com/gallery/Big-Ass-Bus-Tour/CinciJ_B_2007_01_17_19_54_48

As for the picture - Yes, that's me - the dumb looking balding one on the left. Now you know why I use the ScourgeBearer statue instead - he is much cuter than I am in person :-)

2 comments:

Michelle said...

How exciting!

I bet that she is quite a kick in person.

Mike Carter said...

She is real nice and very down to earth, as you would expect (though as much as she likes to write about her weight - coming from someone who is FAT - she isn't at all!).

I enjoy actually meeting authors and having them sign books - however I never know what to talk about with them. I realized a long time ago that I really don't know anything about them at all, and I don't want to sound like an idiot "I love you work".

I did talk to one however - because I really liked his short stories much more than his novels - but they were out of print. And his wife remembered them (and the fact that one of his I had thought was by someone else).

It is also a bit sobering to realize that I'm just another face in the crowd, even for those I've met several times.