Monday, February 12, 2007

Rough weekend

Yes it was. I think I spent most of this weekend looking pretty much like my avatar (and I can already hear you saying that it was an improvement - sorry that's my joke!). I don't know what it was, whether it was something I ate or a bug. But starting about 9 pm on friday things just quit working, at least correctly. I was in the bathroom every half hour until about 3:30 in the morning, when things decided that just coming out of one end wasn't enough.

I had the chills, a fever, and everything I had eaten coming out both ends. But at least when things decided to finally completely blow out the top, so to speak, that was it. I was finally able to get some sleep after that. Until, of course, there was a problem at work and I get called at 7 am on saturday!

And it was the first WFB tournament down at Wexford Hill Hobbies, and I couldn't go. Well I could have, but I still had a slight fever and felt like crap, so I figured it was best not to go and spread the love, so to speak. At least by the end of the day I was able to keep food both down and in (somewhat).

Then Diane calls and says she is out on the boat with her brother - down in Tampa. And now it is supposed to snow again tonight. I do hope she doesn't get stuck in Detroit (after a week in Florida, if she has to suffer through some cold weather I'd rather it be here, where I can enjoy her misery :-) ).

And then things at work blew up again overnight, so I got a call at 4:00 am and have been working ever since, though some of the tools are a bit slow (you know, click and wait).

Of course then tonight is incredibly busy as well. Matt has scouts, I have a band booster meeting, then a keys family call. Matt has to make a cell project (we are doing it out of food - basically jello with fruit in it for all the parts) that I'll need to help with as well. And both 24 and Heroes are on.

No rest for the wicked.

No comments: