Tuesday, January 02, 2007

New Year!

Happy New Year, to both of my readers.

Ok, I'm just kidding. I know that is exagerating it quite a bit to think that I have two readers, but I can always hope.

I'm finally back at work, meaning that once again I'm wasting time at lunch
sending off random thoughts into the ether. Don't get me wrong, I like my job ok. Some days much more than others (and unfortunately lately it has been a vast majority of the latter). But so far it keeps the lights on and the bills paid. The one nice thing is being able to get back into a routine.

I have one bit of frustration over the holidays, and vacations as well. I am definitely a creature of habit. I find the best way (for me) to do something, and I stick with it. Being off of work for 11 days blew that all to hell and back. I gained weight last week, I haven't been able to work out like I want because everywhere is closed for the holidays, I haven't been drinking my water or eating my veggies (ok, so I don't eat my veggies most days anyway). I do like a bit of routine that I can work with.

So I'm back to my usual routine at work. Worked out at lunch, had a sandwich and cup-a-soup for lunch (though with more points I added in some baked potato chips). Tomorrow I plan to work out after work, right before weighing in, and going very heavy on the water all day (though I don't know yet if I'll do the liquids all day beforehand or not - that isn't such a good habit).

Of course, weigh-in days are the one day I can actually do lunch out - but the one day when I don't want to eat much, at least before I weigh in. Afterward I then end up with so many extra points I can kind of pig out.

On a related note, I think that with the new Weight Watchers system it is a little harder, having more points. I know that doesn't make sense, but let me explain. Before, I felt that when I stuck to the plan perfectly I wasn't actually getting enough food, falling into that 'too few' calories area, where you don't easily lose weight. So I'd go over a bit on weekends, and I'd did fairly well. Now, they've increased my points, which makes up for what I felt was missing, so I can't afford to go over at all. So on a weekly basis I'm not supposed to be eating what I was cheating with before. And if I go over, it now matters MUCH more than it did before. Really, I've added more than a days worth of points, and I don't think before I ever went 35 points over when I went over. I can't really check, because when I blow it and go over I quit tracking (like I did Sunday night - I just marked down all the rest of my points for the day and week, and didn't track it).

Tomorrow will tell, but I don't think it will be all that bad. Not all that good, but I don't think I will have gained.

Now to get back to doing audit reports for work. :-(

No comments: