Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Up the Assessement

The times they are a changing! And these sure are interesting times.

The worst part of all these changes is that everything is so completely out of my control. The 'merger' (properly pronounced 'buy-out' as it seems that all the policies are coming from the other company, not ours) was final at the end of October. We got our bonus early, and got money from our restricted stock because of the buyout. Those are about the only good things so far.

Having the company go smoke free was no big deal for me, since I don't smoke anyway. But now they have gone to their recruiting model, which is ony hire entry level people, and promote from within. To do this everyone interviewing must take an assessement test. And they are giving everyone here the 'opportunity' to take it during this week and next. So I did yesterday.

The frustrating point isn't the test, but the fact that they don't let you know your results, and all positions are no longer posted, instead the senior VP's decide who will get them based on these tests. So my career here is now set, though I have no idea what it is set to, and won't ever know until I either get a promotion out of the blue, or lose my job the same way.

In some slightly good news, I actually won a small Confrontation tournament this past Saturday, which surprised me.

No comments: