Thursday, December 07, 2006

Still Tracking

Ok, so it is now fifteen weeks, and I weighed in last night at 219.4, down 33.4 lbs. Not bad, as good as I should expect I guess. Of course I want it to be faster. What surprised me yesterday was when I looked at my driver's license - and right now I'm right were I said I was two years ago for it. Now how accurate that was at the time is something that can never be determined now - but for a few weeks at least I match my license.

We bought some more christmas lights last night, including a couple of the metal lighted deer, to help break up the big blank walls in front of the porch. I like the rope lights - but they only plug into other rope lights. We have four strands on the colums - I may still get some more, I'm not sure.

It is actually nice to want to put up lights again. Last year we barely even got the tree up, and it was even more depressing because there was basically nothing under it. The present for the boys was their trip to see their mom, and Diane and I basically decided not to get each other anything. And Katie was again gone.

This year will be so different. The boys will be here, and Mom and Dad are coming out as well. I hadn't realized it, but this will be our first Christmas together since I moved from Colorado, and Jon was only 10 months old then, so it has been 18 years since I've had Christmas with my parents. We did get stockings for them, and I don't think they ever had them at home even.

It is snowing here, and for the first time I can ever remember in Ohio, I completely agree with everyone calling the city, state, county and everyone else IDIOTS! Never before have I had this much trouble driving in to work. My normal, 15-20 minute drive (depending on how many lights I hit or not) took almost an hour. I know the snow didn't start until very early this morning, but did Kettering bother to watch the weather at all? This wasn't a freak, surprise storm folks. It is December already - we do get a bit of snow. One salt truck was all I saw, and they obviously had not been out long, as there was none for any of the trip in - anywhere!

I had to slow to a crawl on Stroop at Southern, where there is the hill, because an SUV up ahead had it's hazards on and was stopped. And then I stopped, and barely made it up the stupid hill, as the road was a single sheet of ice. It took me five minutes to get up the stupid hill - about two blocks! And the SUV wasn't stopped, they were having the exact same problem I was. And I watched them swerving back and forth half the way to work. In an SUV! Stupid soccer mom in a Rav4 that doesn't know how to drive the thing - thinks its a friggin' station wagon.

It amazed me, I picked up Barenaked Ladies Christmas CD (Barenaked for the Holidays) yesterday, and managed to listen to the entire thing and start over again in the 'short' drive to work. *sigh* At least I won't have to worry about it for another 7 hours or so!

No comments: